EVERYONE'S TALKING ABOUT THE GILBERT
- 2014-2015 Season announced in Robesonian newspaper, here.
2014-2015 Season announced in Fayetteville Observer newspaper, here.
- Broadway at the Crown Camp 2013-2014 Fayetteville Observer, here.
- Robyne Parrish – Newsmaker story from the Fayetteville Observer, here.
- Up & Coming Weekly’s preview of Groucho Marx: A Life in Revue can be read here.
- The Fayetteville Observer’s review of Groucho Marx: A Life in Revue can be read here.
- The Fayetteville Observer’s preview feature on Groucho Marx: A Life in Revue can be read here.
- NC Arts Story on Man in the Moon Marigolds here.
- Naked looks at the human psyche at the Gilbert Theater. Read the Observer’s full story here.
- Up & Coming Weekly previews Naked and Evening of One Acts.
- Gilbert Glee helps performers realize their dream. Read the Fayetteville Observer story here.
- Read another preview of Naked and Evening of One Acts in The Pilot.
- Broadway World features the Fantasticks at the Gilbert http://raleigh.broadwayworld.com/article/Patrick-Riviere-Joins-Gilbert-Theaters-THE-FANTASTICKS-20120829
- Gilbert Theater hires new artistic director; Robyne Parrish to replace theater founder Lynn Pryer. Read the Fayetteville Observer’s story here.
- Lynn Pryer takes his final bow. Read the Fayetteville FEED story here.
- The unique and important role played by the Gilbert in the downtown arts scene was featured in the February 2007 edition of Our State magazine as well as featured in the PBS show “North Carolina Weekend”.
- Best Performance/Play in Up&Coming Weekly’s “Best of Fayetteville” for 2008.
- Read the Fayetteville Observer-Times review of Rabbit Hole.
- Read the Fayetteville Observer-Times review of Dateline Greensboro.
Praise for Gilbert Theater
“Thank you for making our first experience at the Gilbert Theater a great one! Great job RENT cast!” – Liz Rich
“Tonight’s performance by Amanda Brooke Lerner was brilliant. Run, don’t walk to see ” Marigolds” , wonderfully directed by Robyne Parrish. Brava to all involved.” – Hans Gruenert, Managing Director Off the Wall Theatre in Pittsburgh for The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man in the Moon Marigolds
“Excellent work Friday night! Strong performances from every single cast member. Have a great final week!” – Tom Quaintance, Artistic Director, CFRT for Fantatsicks
“I saw “As You Like It” last Friday 4/6/12 and found it fabulous. I was VERY impressed that all the actors did a great job of speaking Shakespeare’s lines so they made sense, and a great job of acting so that the actions and lines reinforced each other. It’s clear that that is important with all plays, but Shakespeare’s language can be a bit more daunting and good actors can ease that problem. That was definitely the case here. If you have been curious about Shakespeare but were afraid it was too highbrow for you, well, this is the play for you. The presentation is very intelligent but utterly unpretentious and passionately dedicated to entertaining…and way too few people realize that that’s what Shakespeare is supposed to be about!” – Joe Harris
“I have never seen local actors anywhere put more depth into their performances…It is a theater with a true sense of community. At the door, [Lynn] Pryer personally greeted every audience member with a smile and a handshake.”
John Isenhour, Up & Coming Weekly
“… Gilbert Theater not only gave me a way to continue performing and improving my acting skills, but the theater also gave me an opportunity to become a part of the wonderful artistic community in downtown Fayetteville….”
Paige Patrick Collins (a military spouse)
“The Gilbert has richly expanded theater opportunities in Fayetteville for patrons and performers.” Naoma Ellison
“Gilbert Theater was one of the reasons why we decided to settle in Fayetteville. We never miss any of their fine performances.”
Richard Perritt, CEO Sandhills Area Land Trust
Patron Support for Gilbert Theater
“Cabaret was wonderful! This was our first Gilbert Theater play, but I am certain it will not be our last. Please convey to your cast and crew our sincerest gratitude for their superb work on this amazing piece of performance art.”
“Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the play tonight. I did not get to stay after and express my appreciation to those very talented performers but wanted to pass it on via this email. I did tell Lynn as I was leaving it was the best ever.”
“What a great production! The director captured every nuance, and I am sure Marcela’s parents were glad they came from Argentina. The choreography was Rhonda Brocki’s best, and anyone would have been proud of the dancing. When Tim Lloyd appeared on the stage, he transformed it to a place of real pleasure. I knew Paul Wilson was a fine actor, but I had never heard him sing before. Everyone could sing. Sally Bowles and the other girls were lovely, and Ms. Chieffet’s rendition of the title song was a show stopper.
I spent the weekend before this one in New York, where I saw the wonderful SOUTH PACIFIC and the not-as-wonderful GYPSY, which won three Tonys). I enjoyed CABARET tremendously, and it did not suffer by comparison”
“Cabaret was marvelous!”
“Last week was our first time to come to Gilbert Theater. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute there Thanks so much for what you are doing!”
“What struck me the most about this theater is the professionalism of the work and the warmth you feel from the staff. I did a double take as I began reading through their scrapbook at the luminous and diverse plays they have staged over the years. We are lucky and blessed to have an entity such as the Gilbert Theater.” Atlanta, GA
“Intimacy and high caliber performances galore in this gem of a community theater…this is a theater with courage and soul. Bravo!” Chicago, IL
SUMMER ACTING CAMP 2017
BOTH WEEKS ARE SOLD OUT! For questions, contact Meghann Redding at firstname.lastname@example.org
Week 2: August 7 - 11; Performance August 12
One week $150; two weeks: $250
Camp times: 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Performances at TBD