G.A.T.E. PROGRAM AGES 16 AND UP
Auditions only will take place at Encore on Hay August 20th from 10-12. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
GILBERT G.A.T.E. PROGRAM
Gilbert Actor Theatre Ensemble
The Gilbert Gate is a competitive program devoted to young actor’s training, ages 17-25. The “Gate” represents the passage from young actor to adult actor.
Our program is dedicated to performance training in Movement, Voice/Speech, Scene Study, and Acting. While in the program the student will become grounded in a myriad of period styles including Restoration comedy and Shakespeare, as well as acting for film and television, audition prep, and musical theatre. With this training, students will learn about the business side of Acting along with college entry counseling, a major part of the program.
The Gate Program consists of 2 units: Renaissance/Classical/Shakespeare or Contemporary Plays, and Filmmaking. Students will complete each unit (2) with a performance showcasing their work through monologues and scene work. These performances will be open to the public.
Entry to Program is by private audition only. Please see below for audition requirements.
Students will meet once a month for 9 months. Saturday’s 10am to 1pm at location TBD.
UNIT SHOWCASE will consist of a panel specializing in Acting, Movement, Voice, Dance in conservatory setting to observe performances. Students will receive a report on their progress directly following the performance.
Upon completing our program students will go on to a major university, conservatory or the professional market. A letter of recommendation from each teacher will be provided upon graduating the program.
Cost of Program: $175/9 Months plus performances
Present two contrasting monologues with the presentation consisting of:
1 – One classical monologue from Shakespeare or Chekhov (one minute)
2 – One Contemporary Monologue (one minute)
- Read the plays from which you are selecting monologue material for presentation. This will allow you to make appropriate choices for the material as well as demonstrate an understanding of the play and the characters.
- Hand props such as a letter or handkerchief are allowed but nothing on a larger scale.
- Wear audition attire (nice and casual, but comfortable daytime attire); no costuming.
- You may sing, a capella, 16 or 32 bars of a song from a musical in addition to the monologue.
- To make an appointment for a PRIVATE AUDITION or if you have any questions regarding auditions, please contact Co-Education Director Brian Adam Kline, at 910-308-9773 or email@example.com
The Gilbert Gate program is helmed by Robyne Parrish, Gilbert Theater’s Artistic Director and Brian Adam Kline, the Assistant to the Artistic Director. Both serve as Education Director.
Robyne Parrish – Acting/Voice
Brian Adam Kline- Acting/Scene Study
SUMMER ACTING CAMP 2017
Week 2: August 7 - 11; Performance August 12
Early bird prices: one week $125; two weeks $225
After April 15th prices go to: one week $150; two weeks: $250
Camp times: 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Performances at TBD