ABOUT THE GILBERT
The Gilbert Theater is a semi-professional, community-minded theatre company and conservatory serving Fayetteville, North Carolina, and the surrounding area. We are a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation producing up to six plays and musicals per year, offerings in the summer Next Stage, as well as a full slate of theater-minded classes for students of all ages in our Gilbert Conservatory and Gilbert Glee initiatives. As a semi-professional theatre, we meld the traditions of volunteerism, camaraderie, and entertainment of community theater, with the artistic goals, education, and professional staff of regional theater.
The mission of the Gilbert Theater is to produce creative, innovative plays and events to stir audiences and students of its conservatory to explore and contemplate the human condition through the talents of local and guest artists.
The Gilbert Theater serves the community:
- by producing classic and cutting edge contemporary plays and musicals,
- by educating the community’s actors and theatre artists, young and old, by engaging them with timeless music and literature through expressive theatre,
- by committing itself to the continuous improvement of its community of local artists through training, collaboration with professionals in the field, and meaningful production experience
- by providing opportunities for staff, volunteers, actors, teachers, and artists to join in the celebration, education, and practice of theater,
- by infusing its work with commitment to the local community and its artists.
The Gilbert Theater seeks to be the premiere theatre company in Eastern North Carolina for audiences who value innovative, daring theatre that explores the human condition in a respectful, imaginative way and for artists, onstage and off, who rely on the Gilbert to provide an intimate, safe environment to practice their craft.
CORE VALUES The Gilbert Theater holds core values that we believe are central to our success. These enduring tenets are so central to the Gilbert Theater that they simply will not be violated by any Gilbert action or decision. The Gilbert Theater’s core values are:
- Theatre as Art
Wheelchair and Accessible Seating
In order to ensure that people with disabilities have the same opportunities to participate in and benefit from live performances, the Gilbert Theater provides the following:
- Wheelchair accessible seating
- The Gilbert provides wheelchair elevator access and spaces/accessible seating to accommodate people with disabilities in the theater
- Wheelchair accessible seats and companion seats are available for purchase exclusively by people with disabilities and their companions for every performance
- Wheelchair and companion seating is dispersed throughout the theater to ensure people with disabilities excellent lines of sight
SUMMER ACTING CAMP 2017
Week 2: August 7 - 11; Performance August 12
One week $150; two weeks: $250
Camp times: 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
Performances at TBD